Motul DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid (500mL)
Motul Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid - 500mL bottle For all types of hydraulic actuated brake and clutch systems in accordance with DOT 5.1, DOT 4 and DOT 3 manufacturers` recommendations. Long life fluid: The high wet boiling point (185C / 365F), superior to DOT 4 (155C / 311F mini) and DOT 3 (140C /284F mini) conventional fluids enables to use this product longer. Indeed, DOT 3 / DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 brake fluids have the property to absorb humidity contained in the air, which reduces their boiling points and consequently security. The wet boiling point is representative of the fluid after one year of use. Specially designed for anti-locking brake systems (ABS): The viscosity (820 centipoises at -40C / -40F) lower than DOT 4 (up to 1800cp) and DOT 3 (up to 1500cp) brake fluids allows an easier fluid circulation in micro-valves of anti-locking systems. Perfectly neutral with seals used in braking systems. Features and Benefits:
- Mixable with DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 NON SILICONE BASE products.
- Do not mix with silicone (DOT 5 silicone base) or mineral base fluids (LHM).
- Store brake fluid in its original container, tightly closed to avoid absorption of moisture.
- Aggressive chemical product if contact with hands, paint or varnish.
- If skin contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Drain Interval: 12 to 24 month as per manufacturers` recommendations.
- Super Dot 5.1: Non Silicone - 100% synthetic fluid, polyglycol bases.
- Color: Yellow
- Size: .5 liter (1.06 pints)
- Boiling Point: 272C / 522F
- Wet Boiling Point: 185C / 365F
- Viscosity at -40C: (-40F) 820mm²/s
- Viscosity at 100C: (212F) 2.1mm²/s