APR Solid Shifter Cable Bracket for 6-Speed Manual TransmissionsMS100102
Regular price $149.99
Through countless years of professional racing, APR Motorsport identified the factory shifter cable bracket system as a source of sloppy shifts, missed gears, bracket and bushing failure and even transmission failure. The factory shifter cable bracket is made from plastic with rubber bushings. Over time the bushings wear out, and during long races, heat can cause the bracket to flex and break. To alleviate all issues related with the factory design and not just some, APRs Mechanical Engineers created the ultimate and final upgrade: The APR Solid Shifter Cable Bracket. The APR Solid Shifter Cable Bracket is made from cast 304 stainless steel and eliminates the rubber bushings with solid, CNC-machined mounting points. The bracket and bushings will not wear out over time or fatigue under heat and prolonged use, minimizing the potential for transmission damage. With the play and rubbery slop of the OEM component removed, its easier to find gears. Expect the feedback from each shift to remain true and confident with a more direct and solid feeling. KEY POINTS:
- Addresses both issues with the OEM design
- Cast 304 stainless steel eliminates flexible plastic OEM design
- CNC-machined solid mounts eliminate rubber OEM bushings
- Removes play, slop and the rubbery feeling of the OEM part
- Will not flex, wear out and / or break under prolonged use
- Lifetime warranty
- MK4 VW 337/20th/GLI with 6-speed manual transmission
- MK1 Audi TT with 6-speed manual transmission
- MK5/MK6/MK7 VW Golf/GTI/Jetta/R with 6-speed manual transmission
- MK2 Audi A3 with 6-speed manual transmission
- MK2 Audi TT with 6-speed manual transmission
- Choose applicable model from drop down box above. It is important you select the correct model because there are two versions.
- Does not fit 5-speed transmissions!